Jackson A. Lanier
Jackson Lanier is a first-year law student at North Carolina Central University and graduated from UNC-Chapel Hill with a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Media. He is a first-generation college student and former manager for the UNC Football Team. He’s a hard working individual with a strong work ethic and exceptional communication skills.
Carolina Week / UNC Media Hub — January 2020 – May 2021, Chapel Hill, NC
- Published by local media outlets.
- Created weekly news packages for the broadcast.
- Designed graphics for the broadcast and digital publication.
- Networked with various NC public officials, UNC officials, and industry professionals.
UNC Football Team — March 2018 – May 2021, Chapel Hill, NC
- Traveled with the team to away games.
- Coordinated expectations with team leadership and coworkers.
- Acted as the onsite point-of-contact for visiting video managers during home games.
- Entrusted with the daily operation and safety of equipment exceeding $7,500 in value.
Carolina Union — August 2017 – May 2021, Chapel Hill, NC
- Communicated with clients to discuss their vision for their event.
- Fulfilled client’s vision for their event to the best ability our equipment allowed.
- Worked closely with the Chancellor’s Office and various other VIPs to host events.
- Implemented cost saving and time saving off-site venue procedures.
North Carolina Central University • Durham, NC • 2024
Bachelor of Arts in Media and Journalism
Minor in United States History • University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill • Chapel Hill, NC • 2021 • 3.54
Practice Ready Certification
Certified in the skills necessary to complete top level legal research.
Certified in the use of Lexis+ to obtain the best legal research and analysis.
Teamwork, Professionalism, Ethical, Trustworthy, Dependable, Communicator, Multi Tasker, Stringent Deadline, Prioritize Workload, Timely Manner, Organized, Attention Detail, Positive Attitude, Patience, Flexibility, Fast Pace, Flexible, Fast Learner, Resourceful
Lexis+, Westlaw Edge, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft OneDrive, Zoom, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Drive, Google Slides, Gmail, Adobe Suite, Adobe Acrobat
Memo Drafting, Case Briefing